RN, BSN, HCS-O, PHN, C.E.O.
Taking care of people is in my blood and I was raised to mane humanity a better place. Growing up, our house was the community daycare, medical facility, restaurant/diner and social spot. There were always people who needed care, and me and my family gave it to them!
I was born and raised in Kenya, attended Mombasa Polytechnic University and graduated with a Degree as a Laboratory Scientist in 2003.
I began my career as a laboratory technologist for 5 years at Pandya Memorial Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya.
In 2007, I achieved my dream and permanently relocated to the United States. This let me pursue my passion for patient care in the medical industry by attending Mount Saint Mary’s University. I graduated at the top of my class with a Bachelors Degree in Science Nursing (BSN, RN) Cum Laude.
I spent over a dozen years working in the Home health industry as a Performance Improvement Quality nurse.
I founded the Affection Home Health Care Agency to better serve the Los Angeles community with high end mobile nurses. During COVID I recognized an acute shortage of in home skilled nurses and wanted to provide this service to our Manhattan Beach community and beyond. Our practice has professional nurses who love people and are committed to caring for our patients with loving hearts and skilled hands.
Our Home Health Agency is committed to exercise evidence-based practices, and we are actively engaged in continuing education and research for the latest in wound care and pain management technology.
I am a certified home health oasis reviewer (HCS-O) that places the company to an outstanding best patient outcome. As the founder and Chief Executive Officer I am responsible for business development, hiring, and strategic planning functions.
Hobbies: Hiking, running (mostly after my little girl Mila), watching movies, cooking while entertaining her friends, and reading to keep up with the latest home health policies and procedures for best patient outcomest
"The Reason is You" Recognition Award
Recognizing our stellar employees
- You bring a culture of compassion as you care for your patients and loved ones, you go above and beyond to make sure that everyone you care for is represented.
- You care for the stubbornest population that don’t allow many to get to their home and provide all services.
- Thank you for making sure the notes are submitted within 24 hours after your visit is done.
- Geographical area of coverage: Travels to see patient on a large geographical coverage.
- A caring attitude: ability to make all patients and their caregiver calm down despite their emotional being unstable.
- Humility: has been a front line nurse caring for the covid 19 and non -Covid -19 patients amid the pandemic.